The rainy season brings about all sorts of cravings that perfectly fit in a cup. From time-tested recipes to creative experimentation of flavors, here are some of our favorite drinks that are best for welcoming the rainy days ahead while cozying up to your family and friends.
Honey Lemon Salabat/ Honey Lemon Ginger Tea
Ginger is indeed a staple in most Filipino homes. Salabat is a traditional Filipino tea made with fresh ginger that is usually served during the cooler months to help in preventing and curing cough, cold, flu and sore throat. Here’s a soothing Honey Lemon Salabat recipe to comfort you for the colder days.
Honey Lemon Salabat Recipe
- 4 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 thumb sized young ginger, freshly sliced
- Pour water in a small pot or a kettle, add the ginger and bring to a boil.
- Gently simmer in low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the liquid in a teapot.
- Mix in the honey and lemon juice.
- Serve while hot.
Aside from its rich flavor, here are some incredible health benefits of drinking Honey Lemon Salabat.
Benefits of Honey Lemon Salabat
- It may improve digestion and increase food absorption.
- It may prevent nausea and vomiting.
- It may help soothe colds and sore throat.
- It may provide relief from arthritis.
- It may relieve menstrual discomfort.
Now, go ahead and make the most out of your Honey Lemon Ginger Tea!
Caramel Cinnamon Hot Chocolate
Rainy days shouldn’t stop us from exploring our kitchen curiosities, and it’s nice to end the cozy evenings on a sweet note. Whether you like your drinks hot or cold, the next recipe will remind you that even rainy days can be sweet too.
Caramel Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 500ml whole milk
- 60 ml water
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 120 grams bittersweet chocolate (melted)
- Heat the water and milk just to a boil in a saucepan. Turn off the heat.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the sugar with the cinnamon over medium heat until it begins to caramelize. Continue heating the caramel until dark amber.
- Pour the milk over the caramel and cinnamon. Stir until the caramel is completely dissolved.
- Remove it from the heat and whisk in the melted chocolate. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Using a blender, whip the hot chocolate for about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately in a coffee mug or can be served cold.
Champorado is another renowned Filipino comfort food that’s perfect for the colder days. Today, we’ll show you how to cook Champorado using the Toshiba Low Sugar Multi-Cooker.
- 2 cups of Glutinous rice
- 8 cups of water
- 8 pieces of Tablea cacao
- Sugar to taste
- Milk/ Coconut to taste
- Wash and drain the 2 cups of uncooked glutinous rice.
- Place the rice in the inner bowl of the Toshiba Low Sugar-Multi Cooker.
- Then add 8 cups of water.
- In another bowl, gather your Tablea cacao and pour some hot water. Mix.
- Add your desired amount of sugar to taste. Mix well.
- Pour the Tablea cacao mixture in the rice.
- In the Menu Preset Function of the Toshiba Low Sugar Multi-Cooker, cook the rice in the Congee function.
- When the rice has finished cooking, add the milk or coconut milk, add half first, then add a bit more until you get the consistency you like.
- Serve it in a bowl or in a mug and enjoy.
What is Matcha? Matcha powder is made from ground tree leaves. In regular green tea, you only drink the steeped tea, compared to consuming the entire tea leaf in a Matcha Latte. With this, the matcha has approximately 10x more nutrients than regular green tea. Imagine waking up in the morning with a rejuvenating, nutritious Matcha Latte. A steaming hot matcha latte is a comforting drink that is filled with antioxidants, a perfect partner to help you get through the rainy season.
Matcha Latte Recipe
- 1 ½ teaspoons matcha powder
- ¾ cup hot milk
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 teaspoons honey, or to taste
- Sift the matcha powder into a cup.
- Add water and stir until no lumps remain.
- Add some honey to taste.
- Add the milk and serve.
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Latte takes the flavors associated with a common spiced tea called masala chai, and it’s a drink that’s commonly present in most households in India. Now available all throughout the world, the rainy season gives us a good reason to make it available in your own home too!
Chai Latte Recipe
- Chai Tea Bag (caffeinated or decaf)
- Granulated or Brown sugar
- Make a quick chai concentrate, by mixing ¼ cup of brewed tea with sugar.
- Foam milk on the stove, either by whisking or by using a milk frother.
- Then, pour the steamed milk over the chai.
- Serve and enjoy!
Found your favorite recipe? Make preparations a lot easier with your trusted Toshiba appliances.
At Toshiba, your convenience matters. Enjoy your favorite cozy cup with the help of the Toshiba Top Load Water Dispenser.
It features Fast Heating and Cooling, so you can easily enjoy a hot sip or a refreshing drink as quickly as you need it.
It also has a generous 20L Bottom Compartment that allows extra space for the hygienic storage of cups, utensils and other tableware.
Shop the Toshiba Top Load Water Dispenser here.
If you’ve decided to serve your cups at a later time, do so with the Toshiba 7 Cu Ft Refrigerator.
Toshiba’s Inverter Technology delivers the highest accuracy in temperature, keeping your Caramel Cinnamon Cold Chocolate perfectly chilled to your liking.
Click here to shop the Toshiba 7 Cu Ft Refrigerator today.
If you’re in to add more taste and flavor like our champorado recipe, did you know that the Toshiba Low Sugar Multi-Cooker also offers multi functionality?
With 9 Menu Functions, enjoy a wide variety of cooking options that are perfect for you and your family.
Toshiba Low Sugar Multi-Cooker’s Menu Preset Functions
- Healthy Rice
- Quick Cook
- White Rice
- Brown Rice
- Gaba Brown
- Mixed Rice
At Toshiba, multi functionality matters so add the Toshiba Low Sugar Multi-Cooker to your kitchen now by visiting toshibaph.com/products/toshiba-1-0l-low-sugar-multicooker.
Don’t let the rainy season stop you from filling your favorite cups with warmth and flavor with these easy-to-do recipes from Toshiba.
Visit https://toshibaph.com to check other Toshiba home solutions that are expertly engineered and masterfully designed to perfectly fit into your modern homes.